I don’t normally do Thanksgiving ‘thankful’ posts. They are just all too common and I’ve always felt I should write a thankful post because everybody else does. But since I’m a rebel, feeling like I should write one because everybody else does makes me not want to write one even more. However, this year I thought I’d go ahead. I’m riding in the car and I’m excessively bored. I’ve been pushed to the edge.
It should be obvious that I’m thankful for my family. My husband is awesome and my daughter is neato. My 6 dirt-stained boys give me reason to laugh everyday, and this new baby God is blessing our family with is giving me something pretty great to look forward to. I’m thankful for a roof over our heads, good food to eat, and clean clothes to wear.
But that is the obvious stuff. The stuff everybody mentions.
I refuse to be like everybody else – don’t take it personal, I have issues and I own them. And while I am quite thankful for the obvious stuff, I’m also thankful for small, seemingly insignificant things.
So here is my additional list of Thanksgiving thankfuls. They’re in no particular order.
- I’m thankful that my sagging kitchen table hasn’t broken in the middle yet. It isn’t meant to have all 3 leaves in it all the time. But we have a family of 9, so 3 leaves it is.
- I’m thankful for hot water on Wednesday and Saturday.
- I’m thankful that our house hasn’t caved in around us. Yet.
- I’m thankful for earplugs in the car when my family wants to turn the music up loouuuddd. Like right now.
- I’m thankful for friends who let us invite ourselves over to their house for Thanksgiving. It was a complete accident. I promise. But we’re on our way there right now just the same.
- I’m thankful for friends who let me throw food at them.
- I’m thankful for sock monkeys.
- I’m thankful that all the bad drivers are being pulled over so we can cruise on by. Seriously, there was a one mile stretch with 6 pull overs and one cop waiting to bust the next bad driver.
- I’m thankful for clean public restrooms. Or I would be if I could find one.
- This one goes with #9. For the first time ever, I’m thankful for hand sanitizer.
I may or may not add to them as the Thanksgiving weekend progresses.
Have a wonderful turkey day!
Or tofurkey day if you’re a no meater.
Yeah. That’s just not doin’ it for me.
[i are carnivore]