A Publix $25 gift card giveaway because gift cards rock and Publix rocks and when you put them together you get a very awesome boulder.
- Read this post in its entirety. With interest, people.
- Leave a comment telling me about one of your funniest around the table moments. Or just leave a comment. Whichever. But I like funny.
- Make sure that your email address is real. I shouldn’t have to explain why here but I won’t publish your email. It’s only used to notify you if you win.
- You can leave a second entry if you pass this giveaway on via your blog or Facebook or Twitter or however.
Enter to win by February 9th, 2012. The winner will be announced shortly after.
Now – read on to find what this is all about.
One time I was shopping in the Publix cookie isle with a couple of my boys and a man in a name tag and apron came up to me and asked if he could show my kids the lobsters. I could see the lobster tank from where I was standing so I said okay. The employee proceeded to take out different lobsters and show them to my kids, pointing out different parts and answering questions and THIS is why I love Publix grocery stores, people. Not only is Publix one of the cleanest, most organized grocery stores I’ve ever been in, but their employees are mostly super friendly.
Publix is kicking off their Best Meals Happen at Home event today and it will run through February 1st and to celebrate they’re giving me a $25 gift card to give away to one lucky reader of We Are Culbertsons. Publix’s Best Meals Happen at Home event focuses on 30 minute or less recipes that are delicious meals your family is sure to love because the best meals happen at home. Eating dinner together as a family is a priority in our home and we recommend that every family cut the fast food strings and try to spend more time around the family dinner table.
Here is a quick Crunchy Chicken Nugget recipe using Cheerios:
Prep time: 15 Min
Cook time: 25 Min
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups Cheerios® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray with cooking spray or lightly grease 13×9-inch pan.
- Finely crush cereal. Stir together cereal, salt and pepper; set aside. In medium bowl, stir together milk, honey and mustard until blended. Dip chicken into milk mixture; coat with cereal mixture. Place chicken in pan; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and chicken is no longer pink in center.
We will announce the winner here. I’ll also email you if you’ve provided your email address. But, I can’t hang onto your winnings forever so make sure you check back!
“Disclosure: The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.”
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!