And this is where I give you the Saturday week-in-review on Tuesday because the new me is dead.
She’s darn cute but her favorite thing to do right now is keep me awake at night and have happy time. I’ve tried to tell her that this is not working for me but that’s not working for her.
So, as I’ve had all I can handle with my coffee and brushing my teeth, I haven’t been much for blogging so I’ve kinda gotten backed up in everything going on around here. So here is your
regular Saturday Tuesday week-in-review post.
- First, Kait’s phone broke. Like, forever broke. She had a modest time of mourning and now she’s in denial, asking her dad often when he thinks she’ll be able to have her phone back.
- Sam(4) busted his lip two Saturdays ago and it got infected so now he’s on antibiotics. We had quite the interesting morning this past Saturday at the Navy clinic trying to convince the doctor that Sam did have a busted lip, not a really awful cold sore. A blood test confirmed that it wasn’t a cold sore and might I add that when they took Sam’s blood he didn’t even cry? He’s one tough cookie.
The doctor also told me that you should never put peroxide on a cut and I began to wonder what planet he was from. Or have I just been misinformed for pretty much my entire life?
Why do I have such bad luck with doctors anyway?
- Rabbit and I went to the squadron Christmas party. This was one of the most disappointing nights and I would go into why but this blog is mostly G. It was like being at a seedy dance club and that is all I have to say about that.
- Rabbit has been feeding a stray cat. Which has turned into 4 stray cats. And two raccoons. I’ll definitely have to blog about that. Also, Raccoons are really quite adorable and are very hard not to try to hug.
- They have made one too many Pirates of the Carribean movies.
- I have continued my sewing adventures and came up with these (pattern found here), which I promised my sister pictures of 4 days ago. I am fail.And this crackly-crinkly owl to put in Lucy’s stocking:
I followed this tutorial to create it, using left over fabric from the hats I have been sewing. And because Lu loves the crackly sound of heavy plastic bags, I put a couple of cleaned out potato chip wrappers in it. I think she’ll like it.
- Sometimes when I can’t remember what I was going to blog about I’ll go back through the pictures on my phone because that’s part of how I take notes. And for the life of me I cannot recall why I took a picture of my vacuum cleaner. But I did.
There was probably an amazing story behind this that will never be told because I can’t remember anything. I’m sorry, okay?
- We’ve lived in this house for only 5 months and I moved the couch last week to sweep under it and $#%@ is all I have to say about that.
- Three weeks ago I put out the Nativity set my sister got us a bunch of years ago. It has a bunch of people with it and some sheep and the baby Jesus. Within an hour after setting it up, however, this:
Every single one of the figurines was gone and in their place stood a small My Little Pony. We managed to find the people and the sheep a few days later but the baby Jesus and his manger are still gone. I even offered a nice prize to the finder, which almost always works. Still, the baby Jesus eludes us. I’m not worried about it but I can’t help feeling like it should be a big deal so I’ll keep you posted.
- We watched The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra Returns Again. Pure genius, people. Though not as pure genius as the first one because I’ve seen a bear do things, well… even things that even a bear wouldn’t do.”
- MUST HAVE for Lucy and Jesse’s bedroom.
- And why does this even exist?
- I am having trouble finding a way to end this week in review so I will just go now.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!