Friday’s Flavor – Fun Appetizers!
If you have never had a Fried Green Tomato before then you are really missing out. I had always wanted to try these, not really thinking they would be all that good. Boy was I wrong! These are now my most favorite treat! I almost had to wrestle them away from my dear daughter, too.
Here is how I made mine.
Oh, and not only did Kait and I love them but everybody in my family did, too, except Joe. He likes just about everything except tomatoes. I think that’s weird.
So, like I already said, here is that recipe.
Fried Green Tomatoes
- Slice your green tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices (mine were slightly thinner, I think).
- Dip your slices in milk
- Coat your slices in flour (I used whole wheat)
- Dip your slices in a beaten egg mix (I used one egg and 2 TBS water)
- Coat your slices in bread crumbs (I used Italian bread crumbs)
- Then, fry your slices in just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. About 3 minutes on each side is all it took for mine to get that nice golden brown fried color. Add additional olive oil as needed throughout the frying process.
I loved the first one so much that I burnt my tongue trying to take more bites – and that didn’t stop me. They are just so good.
What’s your favorite snack or appetizer? Feel free to link to your post on it on Mr. Linky Below. I’d love to read your recipes and test them out myself!
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!