I really don’t have much to say…
Blogging has really slowed down for me lately. Not only have I been slack in writing anything here but I have barely visited any of my usual 2 or 3 regular favorite blogs for a while. I have been writing daily on my other blog, Frugal Heart, but those are pretty quick and don’t really require a lot of thought.
So, since I can’t really think of anything monumental to write about I am just going to list a few things we have been doing the last few weeks.
- We started homeschooling back up and are working on getting involved with our local homeschooling coop. It should be a lot of fun for the kids!
- We are potty training our almost 16 month old baby, Sam, in an effort to save on diaper expenses. He is doing surprisingly well!
- I have been working on getting better at couponing and I am chronicling that adventure here. You would be amazed at the amount of stuff you can get for free just by paying attention!!!
- Ryan and I have become mildly addicted to The A-Team reruns which we watch online at Netflix. They are so cheesy their funny. Murdock is hilarious!
- We are battling the ant population in our front, side, and backyard as well as all over our driveway and the sidewalk. The ants own everything here. At least they are staying out of the house.
- I have taken up reading again (yeah!) though I am not able to read as often as I had been with all this couponing business.
- Ryan has completed ground school and started flying. His initial training is on a Piper Cherokee Warrior. He loves it.
- We are enjoying our new church immensely.
- We live just outside of Pensacola and have gotten really good at dodging hurricanes.
- We’re selling off our leftover store inventory here a little at a time. I am enjoying not working the business anymore and having more time with the family so Ryan and I decided I should just sell the remainder of my inventory off and close it down. This has been such a relief – although I did love my web store while I had it.
- Ryan has tried his hand at smoking meat. The ribs he made us last night were oh so good.
- Although the base housing we live in isn’t cool with us setting up out trampoline with its protective net enclosure they seem to take no issue with our giant water slide so the kids have been totally enjoying it!
We have had this slide for a few years but have never really been able to enjoy it. Now that we are in Florida it is really coming in handy for keeping the kids cool in the sweltering summer heat.
That’s us lately in a nutshell. We are all loving Florida, our new church, the warm weather, and Ryan is finally LOVING his job and my brain is disintegrating with each day of this pregnancy.
It makes me feel like Murdock -
I’m not nuts, I’m condiments. I’ve been promoted.
Howlin’ Mad Murdock
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!