it just doesn’t get boring around here
We got home from our trip last night with only 2 throwing up episodes. The trip was fairly uneventful given the stomach virus we have circulating.
We turned on the water heater, unloaded the car, fed the non-sickies dinner and relaxed for a few hours. At bedtime I took a long hot shower and crawled into my inviting, comfortable bed for a night of peaceful rest.
- 11:30 pm - Can’t fall asleep. This is crazy. What is it about sleeplessness lately?
- 12:30 pm – Finally fell asleep but have to get up again to go pee because pregnancy is awesome like that.
- 1 am - Must be asleep. Have dream that neighbor’s put in a big water park in their backyard. It’s not the safe kind. Everybody is in danger and nobody is listening to me. They say I’m overreacting about there being no sides on the 30 foot high water slide.
- 2 am - I have to pee again. And I’m disturbed by my dream.
- 3 am- Somebody’s house alarm goes off. This is not a silent alarm. It freaks Jesse out. The boy is 22 months old. It’s not like I can explain the sound to him.
- 4 am - Alarm is off. I’m working on getting Jesse back to sleep. His sippy cup starts making soft squealing air noises. He doesn’t realize this is his cup and he’s worried. I pry the cup from his hands. He doesn’t like this.
- 4:10 am – Big dog does something on the carpet that I’m not going to talk about. This is very unusual for him, but that doesn’t matter to me in this moment. I had to shampoo the carpet at 4 in the morning. This scares Jesse even more. Ryan stays awake to take care of him while I work on the mess. Ryan has a big test today. I feel bad.
- 4:30 am – Jesse is wide awake and now talking about everything. I move to the living room with him to keep from waking Ryan up again. I make Jesse lay on the couch while I read my book.
- 4:45 am – Another kid wakes up vomiting. This kid is older and is kindly taking care of himself. Hurray for children who actually get it that vomit goes in the toilet. However, said kid isn’t throwing up quietly. Ryan wakes up again. Asks what’s going on.
- 5:15 am – Jesse finally falls asleep and I lay down beside him and get a little shut eye, too.
- 7 am - A kid wakes up and comes into the living room where I lay with Jesse. His face is bright and he’s ready for the day. I say, “Take care of Jesse when he wakes up. I’m going to bed.”
I sleep till 10.
We opted to take this day off from school. I’ve left the water heater on. The sick kid from last night is feeling much better.
I still have two kids to go. Kait said her stomach was turning a lot last night and she thinks she got through the bug without actually getting sick because of all the garlic cloves she’s been swallowing. So maybe I only have one kid left who hasn’t gotten it yet. He’s 5 and he may or may not make it to the toilet.
And then there is always hope he won’t get it at all.
But, like I said, it just doesn’t get boring around here.
I’m so angry with my dog.
Tagged with: crazy pills
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!