Telling the kids we were having another baby didn’t go quite as planned.
We decided to tell the kids we were having another baby on Valentines day and I thought it would be fun to take a picture of them and instead of saying cheese!, I would have them say I’m going to be a big brother again!
Kait already knew. Also, I’m not sure what the balloon has to do with anything.
This was the initial reaction. Nobody got it.
Everybody said I’m going to be a big brother again!, but it just didn’t register in their brains. So I told them the picture was messed up and that I needed to take it again.
Joe finally got it.
I tried again.
Now Joe can’t believe that nobody else is getting it. Kait was pretty much cracking up at the whole thing.
Gabe’s getting it now. You can see Matthew’s face in the above picture, it’s just dawned on him.
And finally, they’re all getting it. I’m not sure Lucy actually understands what all the joy is about, but she’s just happy to be alive so it works.
Now, to answer some common questions.
- I’m due somewhere close after October 9th. We do not have an October baby yet so that’s pretty cool.
- I think it’s a boy. I’m wrong about 80% of the time. I still think it’s a boy.
- I am pretty sure his name will be Lincoln James.
- I really want twins.
- If all goes well and I remain low risk as usual, I’ll have the baby at home or at the birth center with the same midwife team as Lucy. We live in base housing now so having a baby at home might be tricky. I’ve read mixed stories.
- I have morning sickness but not nearly as bad as Lucy.
- Rabbit will be home for the baby’s birth. Most likely. Hopefully. We’re 99% sure. Or maybe 85%. Probably more like 50/50. Can you tell I’m not very trusting of the Navy at the moment?
If you have any other questions just ask.
Filed under: Friends & Family
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!