There & Back Again. A Camper’s Tale.
- painstakingly set up a tent
- work hard to prepare food
- smell like campfire smoke, take shower, go back and sit by the campfire again. Rinse. Repeat.
- pee outside in the middle of the freezing night after tossing for a determined-not-to-get-up hour
- toss and turn on a hard ground or not so hard but no more comfortable air mattress
- get a horrible night’s sleep
- wake up needlessly early to an icicle-hanging-from-my-eyelash morning where warmth is an impossible-to-get-going-fire away I’m sitting in the van with the heat on thankyouverymuch.
There is a reason I don’t have a tent set up in the backyard.
Number one, that would be dumb. To think I would really stay all the cold night long inside my tent when the only thing between me and my nice, warm, comfortable bed is a door…
Number two, number one should be enough.
But just got back from 3 nights of camping – and it was so much fun.
Because I really. enjoy. camping.
Now, we did cheat this time, getting our hands on a 32 foot camper trailer. However, we do normally tent camp. Ryan said on our way home today that tent camping is easier and he thinks we might just want to stick with that from here on out. And although we were warmer than our tent camping friends I have to admit to being a little sad we weren’t tenting it along with them.
Now we’re home. I’m cold. I’m tired. I’ve got a mess of camping paraphernalia stacked in curiously designed piles in my living room. Our cat missed us way too much.
I really like camping but I’m so glad to be home. I’ll be posting more on this unbelievably blessed Thanksgiving.
Just give me a second to sleep…
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!