This week’s giveaway! Cocoa Puffs Combos – FREE Coupons!
Cocoa Puffs Combos are one of the newest cereals out and they. are. good. My 6 children and I tried them over the weekend and we ate almost two boxes of them!
As you can probably tell from the box Cocoa Puffs Combos look quite similar to Cocoa Puffs. That is because they are. The same little bird, Sonny, is on the front and the box is brown, too.
Traditional Cocoa Puffs are round balls of puffed corn that have a sweet, somewhat chocolaty cocoa flavor. Cocoa Puffs Combos are a little different. Added in with those same round dark brown puffs are round yellowish puffs with a definite vanilla flavor.
My kids and I poured our bowls and added the milk. We had just grocery shopped the day before and a couple of my children really wanted to eat a different cereal I had picked up but they settled for the Combos without complaint. After the first bite, however, they were all about this new cereal and wanted more. My 3 year old even asked for it for lunch and dinner – both to which I said ‘no’.
After we all ate some I asked what they liked about the Cocoa Puffs Combos.
Here were the pros they gave me.
- They stayed crunchy through the entire breakfast where many cereals go soggy by the end.
- They were sweet and the vanilla flavor was very good.
- Although the box looks small there is a lot of cereal in it.
- Even though they look a lot like Cocoa Puffs they had a very different taste.
- They make excellent snacks – just grab a handful and go.
- The baby, 15 months, couldn’t really voice his opinion but he was extremely excited about these combos. I tried to get it on video because it was very funny but you know how kids are – as soon as you turn on the camera they always stop doing whatever it is you were trying to record.
There were a few cons but not many. These are my personal cons – not my children’s’.
- Even though General Mills has tried to over the years to make their cereals more healthy, the added sugar in these Combos means they aren’t all that good for you.
- They were hard to come by. We had to stop at a lot of stores before we found them.
- The box of Cocoa Puffs and the box of Cocoa Puffs Combos looked very similar making it hard for me to spot them on Winn-Dixie’s vast cereal isle.
- The vanilla flavor totally over-rides the cocoa flavor. This isn’t exactly a con for me, I love the vanilla flavor, but some people might be a tad disappointed.
Retail value of these coupons are up to $5.33
- Entry #1: If you run across this blog and you want to win one of these free cereal coupons leave a comment telling me what your favorite childhood cereal memory is and who in your family is most likely to eat Cocoa Puffs Combos. (make sure to leave a method of contact!)
- Entry #2: Link to this entry from your blog where you wrote about this giveaway and then leave a second comment with the link where you passed on this giveaway info. This entry should be SEPARATE from your first entry.
3 winners will be chosen on August 18th, 2008. We will announce it on the blog here (you may want to bookmark this page) as well as TRY to email the winner. I say ‘try’ because I often get email notices returned to me as undeliverable, I get no reply, or the winner doesn’t give a method of contact. Please make sure you check back to see if you are the winner! I won’t hang onto your winnings forever. After a week or so I will choose a new winner.
Seriously, people, if you don’t want to leave me a method of contact please remember to check back to see if you are a winner. Make sure you check back! We are easy to contact – just email me. Also, if you do leave a method of contact you need to check your spam folder. Many people have missed out on winnings because the winner email went to their spam folder to be spotted after an alternate winner was chosen.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed so you don’t miss any of our giveaways and winner announcements!!!
Contact me if you would like me to host your giveaway!
Visit this page to see our complete contest rules
Tagged with: giveaways
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!